Wholesale250X250

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

Live and Learn

As of yesterday morning, I was informed by my boss that Friday, February 3 will be my last day at work. This comes as a result of my decision to pursue other opportunities rather than stay in my current position. I'm still traumatized at how he deceptively pushed me out, but according to HR, I can't do anything. As one of my co-workers told me, my boss is cold hearted and I'm nice and big-hearted. I think the research is right that says that nice guys really do finish last and shorter guys tend to be less successful (I've been meaning to blog about those scientific findings). I did this to myself, but God's been with me the whole way. Live and learn. I wonder if that means that something's going to happen to him or the lab in the long term that He doesn't want me there to be a part of. Or, maybe He knows that I can't give my all to my current job with my morale being so low. Truthfully, I'm just downright depressed! But I'm not medicating my woes as some do, I'm praying and I know many others are. I give a sincere "thank you" to all of you! I'm going to read in Job this week to see how he handled all his challenges that were thrown at him. I went to the Loop tonight and Andy Savage talked about how important it is to "turn down the volume" in our lives and listen to what God has to say. I can honestly say that everything has kind of slowed down to the point that I can finally listen to Him. He's been trying to get my attention for some time now, and now I'm listening! Isn't that the way it always goes? I feel convicted by that and I should, right? I'm praying that the position I interviewed for over the past two weeks will come to fruition, hopefully before the 3rd!

Comments:
JGray I'm thinking about you and praying for you. I think that what you had to write in your post was very wise and that God is already doing what HE wants to do. By recognizing His hand in all of this, you are already getting it.

He wants to further His kingdom through you and obviously the work through your current lab is not the place for that.

Let us know if we can do anything for you.
 
If i'm not mistaken, your HR department told you to let your boss know you were looking for another internal position in the first place. How would they be able to tell you to do that, then say theres nothing you can do if your boss wanted to let you go. That makes little sense if any.
Your attitude through all this is great J, keep praying for your former boss and something will eventually work out.
i've read Job with the same intentions before and most recently read the end of Job, Gods response to Job. WOW, its humbling and it would drop the greatest man to his knees shaking. Paraphrased for me it meant "God is in control of every hair on your head and breath you take. Without Him we are literally dust, He was and is always there, And He will bless those who seek him through the storms, ALWAYS"
I will keep you in my prayers bro.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?