Wholesale250X250

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

 

Cautious Optimism

My interviews went very well yesterday in my opinion. Both guys were very nice and the VP used to be a music minister. When he told me that, I knew I was dealing with a Christian (yea!). The interviews were very candid and not like a normal company interview. We talked about personal things like church, engagement, and family. In a normal interview, this would be inappropriate and unlawful. The VP knew Andy Savage and Wes Richardson and commented to the other interviewer that he would love Todd Agnew, bare feet and all. He was very familiar with Union and obviously with Highpoint. When the other interviewer excused himself for a phone call, the VP told me that their business idea came about from a bunch of Christian guys looking to provide a business to a lost sector. They highly value family, job balance, and philanthropy to Memphis. They have adopted a nearby elementary school to read to the kids and would like to establish an inner-city program. He also commented on an opportunity he had to witness to a customer one day while in a one-on-one meeting. While I feel confident that I can help their business, I was so happy just to be there and to get an insight into their true company focus and their attentiveness to what God would have them be as a business. With that said, I feel confident that they will hire me, but I don't want to get my hopes up too high. It's hard not to though after yesterday! It's really quite amazing that I just cold-called this company when I started my job hunt and it turns out that God was right there in the mix. Maybe I was right, maybe He closed the doors on one job to put me right where He wants me and where He knows I'll be happy. I'll know something the first of next week...

Comments:
Bon chance! Glad to hear it went well and it sounds like it may be a great fit.
 
sounds awesome...i really hope it works out for you! keep us posted. and btw, CONGRATS on getting engaged!!!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?